You are responsible for ensuring the security of the personal information held on your computer, mobile or other device.
IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION – PLEASE NOTE
The functions and contents of ManageMyHealth™ should not be construed as medical, legal or professional advice and you should take specific advice from qualified professionals before undertaking any course of action or treatment on the basis of information received from ManageMyHealth™. You acknowledge that ManageMyHealth™ is not a healthcare provider, and that ManageMyHealth™ will not be responsible to you for any action or inaction you take as a result of following the contents of ManageMyHealth™.
ManageMyHealth™ is not responsible for the actions or inactions of any third party, or for your relationship with them.
Some of the functions offered by ManageMyHealth™ to support you on your healthcare journey rely on information provided to ManageMyHealth™ by you or your healthcare providers. If such information is incorrect or incomplete, these functions may not offer appropriate recommendations or support to you.
Any reference to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacture, or otherwise does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by ManageMyHealth™.
Use of ManageMyHealth™ and your obligations
- You agree in using ManageMyHealth™ that you will:
- comply with all laws;
- comply with all ManageMyHealth™ policies;
- comply with all ManageMyHealth™ code of conduct;
- keep all access details including passwords and codes secret; and
- notify ManageMyHealth if you learn of a security breach related to ManageMyHealth™ by emailing us at [email protected] .
- You agree in using ManageMyHealth™ that you will not:
- infringe the privacy rights of any ManageMyHealth™ user;
- use ManageMyHealth™ in a way that harms ManageMyHealth™ or our related entities, partners, resellers, distributors, suppliers and/or vendors (each referred to as a “ManageMyHealth Party”), or any customer of a ManageMyHealth Party;
- mislead any ManageMyHealth™ user, including supplying data that is falsely made to appear as originating from or being endorsed by ManageMyHealth™;
- use any portion of ManageMyHealth™ as a destination linked from any unsolicited bulk messages or unsolicited commercial messages;
- use any unauthorised means to modify or reroute, or attempt to modify or reroute ManageMyHealth™; damage, disable, overburden, or impair ManageMyHealth™ (or the network(s) connected to ManageMyHealth™) or interfere with anyone’s use and enjoyment of ManageMyHealth™; or
- resell or redistribute ManageMyHealth™, or any part of the ManageMyHealth™ services.
- You may use ManageMyHealth™:
- We do not recommend sharing your access details with anyone. If you need someone to access your information they should register as a user within ManageMyHealth™ and when the feature is available provide this person access via a managed trust list.
- If you access someone else’s information, you acknowledge and warrant you have the authority to do so.
- You must advise us, and your registering GP practice if you change your email address. All emails sent to your account will be assumed to have been read.
- We consider your use of ManageMyHealth™ to be private. However, We may access or disclose information about you, your account and/or the content of your communications, in order to:
- comply with the law or legal proceedings served on it;
- protect the rights, property, or safety of ManageMyHealth, any ManageMyHealth Party, their employees, customers or the public.
You consent to the access and disclosures outlined in this section.
- In order to provide you with ManageMyHealth™, We may collect certain information about ManageMyHealth™’s performance, your machine and your use of ManageMyHealth™. We may automatically upload this information from your machine. This data will not personally identify you.
- All copyright, trade marks, designs, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on ManageMyHealth™ and all content (including all applications) located on the site shall remain vested in ManageMyHealth or its licensors (which includes other users).
- You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use ManageMyHealth™ content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use unless otherwise agreed in writing with ManageMyHealth.
- You agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any ManageMyHealth™ content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of ManageMyHealth™ content requires the prior written permission of ManageMyHealth.
- Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring you any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of ManageMyHealth or any other third party.
- You warrant that all content uploaded or shared by you, either from your own computer or another source, are either created or owned by you, or that you have the necessary licences, rights and permissions to use the content uploaded or shared.
- You acknowledge and agree that upon receipt and notice of any claim from a third party, ManageMyHealth may immediately remove any content from ManageMyHealth™ without liability. Any claims of any complaining party shall be referred to you for your attention.
- You agree in respect of any content uploaded on the Website that it complies with the ManageMyHealth™ Code of Conduct , and without limiting the Code of Conduct does not:
- infringe any intellectual property rights of any third party;
- infringe the privacy rights of any third party;
- detrimentally affect the brand or reputation of ManageMyHealth™ or any affiliates or partners of ManageMyHealth™;
- mislead as to the nature, type, service or benefits of the content;
- contain inaccurate, ambiguous, exaggerated, defamatory, untrue, or out of date information;
- encourage, counsel, incite or suggest any criminal or unlawful acts;
- seek to take advantage of any individual or and individual groups by virtue of their circumstances;
- contain vulgar and/or suggestive languages or images or innuendo or slang of a sexual, immoral, racial or violent nature; and
- promote or provide inflammatory or demeaning opinions of an individual or group.
- ManageMyHealth™ is provided on an “as-is,” “with all faults” and “as available” basis.
- ManageMyHealth does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of ManageMyHealth™ or any of the content. To the extent permitted by law, ManageMyHealth excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- Some content on ManageMyHealth™ may be created by third party contributors or members of the public. The views expressed are their own and unless specifically stated are not those of ManageMyHealth. ManageMyHealth is not responsible for any content posted by third parties or members of the public on ManageMyHealth™ or for the availability or content of any third party site that is accessible through ManageMyHealth™. Any links to third party websites from ManageMyHealth™ do not amount to any endorsement of that site by ManageMyHealth and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
- ManageMyHealth does not warrant that functions available on ManageMyHealth™ will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that ManageMyHealth™ or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
Limitation of Liability
- You can recover from ManageMyHealth only direct damages up to any amount you pay ManageMyHealth for ManageMyHealth™ for use of its service. You cannot recover any other damages, including consequential, lost profits, special, indirect, incidental or punitive damages. If the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 would otherwise apply to your use of ManageMyHealth™ and you are accessing or otherwise using this website for business purposes (or holding yourself out as accessing or using it for business purposes), you agree that the provisions of that Act will not apply, to the extent contracting out is permitted by that Act.
- It also applies even if this remedy does not fully compensate you for any losses, or fails in its essential purpose or ManageMyHealth knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages.
- ManageMyHealth shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise):
- loss of data;
- loss of revenue or anticipated profits;
- loss of business;
- loss of opportunity;
- loss of goodwill or injury to reputation;
- losses suffered by third parties; or
- any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of ManageMyHealth™ regardless of the form of action.
Health assistance activities
- Unless you choose not to receive them, ManageMyHealth™ will automatically send you articles or content about lifestyle and healthcare you may find useful or interesting. Any content we send you is produced by our trusted third party partners. We will decide what content you might find useful or interesting based on your personal healthcare record and other personal information you provide to us.
- We provide lifestyle and healthcare content in order to support you on your healthcare journey. You should not rely solely on health content provided by ManageMyHealth™ as your only source of medical or healthcare advice. Please seek the advice of a qualified medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle in reliance on any content provided by ManageMyHealth™. While we use reasonable measures to ensure health content is accurate and reliable, ManageMyHealth™ will not be responsible to you for any action or inaction you take in reliance on content we send you.
- Unless you choose not to receive them, ManageMyHealth™ will automatically send you suggestions about steps you might take in relation to your healthcare (for example: prescription refills, routine tests and checks, or vaccinations). These suggestions will be based on your personal healthcare record and other personal information you provide to us.
- We provide these suggestions in order to support you on your healthcare journey. You should not rely solely on suggestions provided by ManageMyHealth™ as your only reminder for managing your healthcare. While we use reasonable measures to ensure our suggestions are accurate and reliable, they are based on recommendations that would generally be appropriate for a person in circumstances similar to yours, and may not be appropriate for your personal circumstances. ManageMyHealth™ will not be responsible to you for any action or inaction you take in reliance on our healthcare suggestions.
- As part of ManageMyHealth™ you have access to our Directory, which you can use to access other third party healthcare and service providers, and insurance providers.
- We provide the Directory in order to support you on your healthcare journey. While we use reasonable measures to ensure the Directory contains reputable and trusted service providers, we will not be responsible to you for any action or inaction of a third party service provider. If you seek or receive healthcare from any third party service provider, your relationship is with them directly.
- As part of our Directory, you have access to insurance partners for your life, health travel and/or other insurance needs. With your consent, we may share with that insurer any information you have provided to of ManageMyHealth™ that may be relevant to your insurance application, to help you complete your application more efficiently. You are responsible for ensuring that your chosen insurer has all information that is relevant to your application.
- As part of ManageMyHealth™ you have the option to generate a summary of your health records held by ManageMyHealth™ (for example, your vaccination record, allergies, and any health conditions). Your health summary may be shared with third parties where we have your consent to do so.
- As part of ManageMyHealth™ you have access to our Marketplace which enables you to buy products and services from us and from our selected partners. Separate terms and conditions will apply when you purchase any products or services through our Marketplace.
- When you buy products or services from our selected partners, you do so according to their terms of purchase. We do not recommend, endorse or otherwise approve any products or services for your consumption. Please take specific advice from qualified health professionals before consuming or using any products or services available through ManageMyHealth™ Marketplace.
Limits on use or services
- Without limiting any other rights and remedies available to ManageMyHealth, ManageMyHealth may, at its sole discretion, limit your activities on ManageMyHealth™ or refuse to provide you access to ManageMyHealth™ or any part of it if you:
- breach any ManageMyHealth™ policy;
- breach any code of conduct; or
- where ManageMyHealth considers any of your conduct, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate.
- In such an event, your access will be blocked and your information will be removed. You will be given the opportunity to obtain your information that you have provided. Health information received from your GP practice, other healthcare providers or other third parties can be obtained from the original source, and not through ManageMyHealth™.
- ManageMyHealth may change the range of ManageMyHealth™ services or remove features at any time and for any reason.
- Where any Dispute arises, you (or your representative) and a representative of ManageMyHealth will meet and negotiate in good faith in an attempt to resolve the Dispute amicably by good faith discussion.
- Where the representatives of the parties do not resolve the Dispute within five (5) Business Days (or as agreed) of initiating negotiations, the relevant parties agree to mediate any Dispute in terms of the LEADR New Zealand Incorporated Standard Mediation Agreement. The mediation will be conducted by a mediator and at a fee paid by the parties to the Dispute.
- If the parties fail to settle the Dispute by mediation then either party may initiate arbitration (but not litigation) in accordance with the Arbitration Act 1996 to resolve the Dispute amicably by good faith discussion.
- Nothing in this section will preclude a party from taking immediate steps to seek urgent injunctive or equitable relief before an appropriate court.
- Notices under these Terms and Conditions shall be in writing and shall be deemed given when delivered:
- Personally – when they are received;
- By email – upon confirmation of receipt;
- By overnight mail or conventional mail – two business days after sending; and
- ManageMyHealth may assign its interest in ManageMyHealth™ at any time and for the purposes of this agreement references to ManageMyHealth shall include any person or organisation to which it has licensed or assigned its rights and obligations.
Linked accounts for dependents
- For children under 16 years of age: you may use ManageMyHealth™ provided that your parent or guardian creates a ManageMyHealth™ account in your name (after consulting with your GP). Your parent or guardian will have full access to your ManageMyHealth™ account and all your health information contained in it. Once you turn 16, you will be fully responsible for your own ManageMyHealth™ account and for complying with these terms, and your parent / guardian will not be able to access your health information without your express consent.
- For adults dependent on a guardian or representative: with your express consent, your nominated guardian or representative may create (after consulting with your GP) or manage your ManageMyHealth™ account on your behalf. This nominee will have full access to your ManageMyHealth™ account and all your health information contained in it. You may revoke this consent at any time.
New Zealand Use Only
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of New Zealand which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
- ManageMyHealth™ is specifically designed to be used in New Zealand only. If you choose to use ManageMyHealth™ outside of New Zealand you are solely responsible for adherence to the laws of the country from which you are accessing ManageMyHealth™.
Last updated on 18 September 2023